Thursday 12 June 2014

Stickers : World Cup Day 1

Well, I hadn't really thought this through, particularly with some games kicking off at 2am UK time.  So everything will be a day in arrears at least. Anyhow, with only one game today, I can proudly announce that after 6 free stickers and three packets of five I've got my first swap - Jackson Martinez, sticker 201, of Colombia.  Not a great sign.  The  free six were:  Cristiano Ronaldo, Hugo Lloris, Gonzalo Higuain, Daniele di Rossi, Yaya Toure and Roman Shirokov (who he ?).  I got no Brazilians but Nico Kranjcar, so have bet 50 pence each on Brazil 0 Croatia 1 at 20-1 and on Croatia to win the game at 10-1.  So there's another pound thrown away.

Oh, and I happened to walk through a WH Smith Panini swap shop. However, don't think my one swap would really have done me much good.

Update: Well, it was 1-0 to Croatia. For 17 minutes, which was more of a run for my money than I was expecting.  Kranjcar doesn't feature as he was injured. In May, so didn't make the squad.  That's the problem with these sticker books coming out so long before the Finals.  3-1 to Brazil at the end did indeed mean that it was a pound wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment