Friday 18 July 2014

Stickers: First Epilogue

  Possibly the first of many. So, I bought 40 more packets and in the first 10 packets got nine new stickers.  In the second ten packets, I got 2 new stickers and the wheels were definitely coming off.  In the third ten, I got 3 new stickers, meaning I needed the last ten packets - 50 stickers - to provide 21 new stickers if I was to get to the Panini order threshold.   I actually got five. Assuming a similar swap ratio I'd need another 30 packets to get to the magic fifty needed.
     Hence I decided to order enough to get to that threshold from collectabubble.com, but was surprised to find that they don't actually have every sticker. As they were ten pence and Panini charge fourteen, I ordered as many that I needed as I could  and the rest, including sticker 00, from Panini.  I got an e-mail confirming that the ordered stickers would be sent out from collectabubble, but  a rather vague order confirmation from Panini giving no estimate of delivery date.
      I haven't done a statistical analysis of the two boxes I initially bought to confirm if they conform to the Swiss mathematical findings because it's a lot of work and I can't be arsed.  An educated guess based on the fact that I didn't get more than three swaps of any one sticker is that it did match with their findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment