Sunday 13 July 2014

Stickers: World Cup Day 24

      Third Place day. I didn't realise they actually got bronze medals, thought it was just a prestige
Via worldcupballs.info
thing.  Anyhow, today's prediction Brazil 0 Netherlands 1. Another chance for Brazil to humiliate themselves or possibly redeem themselves, although coming back from a 7-1 defeat won't be easy.
     With supreme irony it was 1-0 for thirteen minutes which was ended by the player whose sticker I got, Daley Blind, who is later carried off.  Brazil went on to complete conceding double figures in two games with a 3-0 defeat. 
     Well, it's over. I still need 92 stickers but have only 30 to reveal, so even the chance of ordering the last fifty from Panini has gone.  I've decided to take the Swiss survey I mentioned earlier as a guide - OK, I have no-one to swap with - but they recommended one box and forty packets, so I'm going to buy another forty packets and just over one new sticker per packet will see me to below the Panini order threshold.  If that doesn't work out then I will have to consider ordering from another company (eg collectabubble, who are cheaper per sticker anyway) despite hoping that ordering from Panini will bring the elusive 00 Panini sticker.  With my determination to finish the set by hook or by crook, I have asked paninicheapskates whether they will do a sticker of me to put in the 'mypanini' space on the same page as the 00 sticker.
     The Final prediction: Germany 1 Argentina 2, courtesy of stickers Bastian Schweinsteiger, the Argentina team group and Rodrigo Palacio.

No comments:

Post a Comment